Your privacy matters
Autism Survey Consent and Notice
Thank you for choosing to participate in the Ontario government’s consultations on further enhancements to the Ontario Autism Program.
Data reporting will not link your response to your email address. Please note that the survey is available in both English and French.
This survey is being administered on behalf of the Government of Ontario by a firm called Enterprise Canada Inc. (the administrator).
Notice of Collection
The personal information being collected includes:
- Your email address, which will be collected by the administrator; and
- Your survey responses, which will be collected by the administrator and will be shared with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
The administrator is collecting your email address for the purpose of sending you an email with a single-use link to the survey.
The Ministry of Education may use any personal information that you submit through the survey for the purpose of education policy development, including program and service planning, evaluation, and resource allocation, as well as research and statistical activity related to education. The Ministry of Education is collecting personal information, including any responses you provide to the survey under the authority of paragraphs 3 and 5 of subsection 8.1(1) of the Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2.
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is collecting personal information included in any responses you provide to hear input and advice on how the government can better meet the needs of children with autism and their families. The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is collecting personal information under the authority of s. 38(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Ministries of Education and Children, Community and Social Services will be disclosing information collected through the survey in de-identified and aggregate form to the Ontario Autism Program Advisory Panel for the purpose of their work related to the development of a new needs assessment process for the Ontario Autism Program.
Aggregate, de-identified information will also be shared with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for the purpose of understanding how to better coordinate social services with health care supports.
Should you have any questions about this collection of personal information, please contact:
For the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services: Ontario Autism Program Administrator Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, Box 193, Toronto, Ontario, M7A 1N3, 1-888-444-4530.
For the Ministry of Education: Director, Incubator and Design Branch, Ministry of Education, 9th Floor, 315 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M7A 0B8, 416-325-5389.
Statement with respect to Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
The government encourages you not to provide additional personal information about yourself or anyone else in any of the open-ended survey responses. By participating in the survey, you:
- Agree that you will not disclose any other individual’s personal information without their consent, including your child if they are 16 years of age or older and can provide informed consent; and
- Confirm that you have advised any individual whose personal information you may disclose that you have shown them this survey registration form and have obtained their consent for you to disclose their personal information through the survey and for the ministries to collect and use that information for the purpose of:
- education policy development including program and service planning, evaluation, and resource allocation as well as research and statistical activity related to education; and
- to hear input and advice on how the government can better meet the needs of children with autism and their families.